Our EQ: How do we build a sense of community and family across economic, racial, and cultural differences? REMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIX
Guests: Sheree Cooks and Megan Clark
Former (beloved) guests Sheree and Megan return for a chat about the PTA, Tacoma’s Whole Child Initiative, social emotional (aka SEL, aka “soash emoash”) learning, and the heart that goes into our school-based services such as food and clothing banks. Other topics include:
- ACES: take the survey here
- Don't forget intersectionality that offsets or buffers some trauma!
- The need for cultural awareness and understanding in official and unofficial school communication.
- The importance of volunteering for charitable organizations and neighborhood schools year-round, not only at the holidays.
- Megan’s plans for world domination via non-profit work.
- Important deets about the PTA: it’s America’s largest student advocacy group.
Timeless or Terrible: