EQ: What’s awesome/challenging about being a women of color in the music industries?
Guest: Stephanie Anne Johnson of Tacoma (season 5 of The Voice). Born and raised in Tacoma. From a military family, Stephanie is a musician, performer and educator!
Ignore the star-struck awkwardness of the hosts during this interview with the amazing Stephanie Johnson. The way Stephanie talks about music, love, and relationships will have you reaching for your tissue box. Telling her “Tacoma Story”, Stephanie reminds listeners that each of us has a story that is uniquely our own and it is up to us to define and create these stories.
- PLU Late Knight Show: Check out this interview w/ Stephanie
- Rain City Rock Camp
- The Queen Aretha Franklin “Natural Woman”
- Hope--Expensive Vinegars
- Annie--Swedish fish
- Stephanie--the Kardashians
Do Your Fudging Homework:
- Stephanie - Buy music directly from the artist; pick up a book and READ
- Annie - Go to the Hilltop Street Fair
- Hope - Check out Stephanie’s music on CD Baby